Up until now, home automation systems have struggled to find a mainstream audience, in part because they require a bit of technical savvy from their users. But these days, with the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT), fast proliferation of mobile devices coupled with our expert installations and training automation systems have become more of a walk in the park for most end users. New technology and products, has made home automation affordable to a broader base of end users.
Smart homes can make life easier and more convenient. Who wouldn’t want to be able to control lighting, entertainment and temperature from their couch? Whether you’re at work or on vacation, the smart home will alert you to what’s going on, and security systems can be built to provide an immense amount of assistance in the event of an emergency. For example, not only would a resident be woken with notification of a fire alarm, the smart home would also unlock doors, dial a response team and light a path to safety.
Some smart tricks for your home, include:
- Light a path for night time bathroom trips.
- Unlock your door automatically as you approach.
- Feed your pets on a schedule with a preset amount of food.
- Instantly create mood lighting for a special occasion.
- Program your television so that your children can only watch at certain times.
- Warm the bedroom before you get out of bed.
- Turn on the coffee maker automatically in the morning.
- Be informed of any unwanted movement in and around your home.
- Check in and be informed whilst you are on holiday.
- Regulate geysers and heating, resulting in huge savings.
- Help the elderly and people with disabilities via easily controlled devices.
For businesses, faster internet and IoT products can help increase productivity significantly.